Guaranteed Income - AXA Equitable
Worried You’ll Outlive Your Retirement Savings? Consider Guaranteed Income From Annuities
As you’re planning for retirement, you may be wondering how you can achieve guaranteed income through your retirement years to help avoid the real risk of outliving your retirement savings. One guaranteed income strategy to consider is purchasing annuities. Annuity products provide guaranteed income in exchange for contributions you make, and taxes on your earnings are deferred until withdrawal. A fixed annuity offers set or defined growth of principal and interest, while a variable annuity offers the potential for greater growth, but also comes with greater risk.
When you want more information about guaranteed income annuities or you’re ready to purchase an annuity product, you’ll find resources and innovative products on this website.
AXA Equitable's Annuities offer Guaranteed Income For Life Options
As one of the nation’s leading providers of annuities, life insurance and other financial products, AXA Equitable offers a range of annuities that can deliver guaranteed income for life.
- AXA Equitable’s Retirement Cornerstone® variable annuity has two distinct accounts offering the potential for performance and protection within a tax-deferred single platform. The Investment Performance Account is focused on investment performance, while a Protection with Investment Performance Account is designed to help provide future retirement income. The Protection with Investment Performance account is part of a variable annuity and includes the optional Guaranteed Income Benefit (GIB), which is available for an additional fee and is subject to income restrictions and age limitations. The Guaranteed Income Benefit ensures that your money that has been in the Protection Account for at least one full contract year will be able to generate lifetime income through a value called the Benefit Base:
- No matter how your investment portfolios perform, and
- No matter how long you live, as long as you stay within certain withdrawal guidelines. The Guaranteed Income Benefit is issued with all eligible contracts unless an investor "opts out" at the time the annuity is issued.
- The Accumulator® Series is a suite of variable deferred annuities that also help provide you guaranteed income for life. A variable annuity like Accumulator® is a long-term financial product for retirement purposes that has two distinct phases: the accumulation phase, during which assets are accumulated, and the distribution phase, during which income is distributed. Conversion to the distribution phase, which is called annuitization, allows for several distribution options that include receiving income for life for no additional fee or the Guaranteed Minimum Income Benefit (GMIB), an optional rider available for an additional fee. The GMIB has specific age requirements and percentage withdrawal limits that must be complied with to obtain its full benefit.
- The EQUI-VEST® Series offers cost-effective, individual variable annuity products and products for employer-sponsored plans.
- Fixed annuities provide a defined growth rate of principal and interest, where your balance can grow tax-deferred until you withdraw your money, usually for retirement.
Learn More About Guaranteed Retirement Income
This website offers a rich collection of articles and information on many aspects of financial planning, estate planning strategies, retirement planning and more. You’ll find answers to many common questions about financial products and services, including information on topics such as:
- How much money do I need to retire?
- How can I increase my retirement savings with annuities?
- What are defined benefit plans?
- How can I better manage risk in my portfolio?
- How should I structure my retirement portfolio?
Learn more about AXA Equitable and guaranteed income.
A deferred variable annuity is a long-term financial product designed for retirement purposes. In essence, an annuity is a contractual agreement in which payment(s) are made to an insurance company, which agrees to pay out an income or a lump sum amount at a later date. Typically, variable annuities have mortality and expense charges, account fees, investment management fees, administrative fees, and charges for special contract features. In addition, annuity contracts have exclusions and limitations. Early withdrawals may be subject to surrender charges, and if taken prior to age 59 ½, a 10% federal income tax penalty may apply. Variable annuity subaccounts fluctuate with changes in market conditions. When surrendered, the principal may be worth more or less than the original amount invested.
You should carefully consider your investment objectives and the charges, risks, and expenses of a variable annuity, as stipulated in the prospectus, before investing. For a prospectus containing this and other information, please contact your Financial Professional. Please read it carefully before investing or sending money.
All guarantees are based on the claims-paying ability of AXA Equitable and do not apply to the subaccount investment options.
Optional riders are available for an additional fee.
Retirement Cornerstone®, Accumulator® and EQUI-VEST® are registered service marks of AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company.
Annuity products are issued by AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company (NY, NY) and co-distributed by AXA Distributors, LLC and AXA Advisors, LLC New York, NY 10104. AXA Equitable, AXA Distributors and AXA Advisors are affiliated companies and do not provide tax or legal advice.
Variable Annuities: Are Not Deposits of Any Bank · Are Not FDIC Insured · Are Not Insured by Any Federal Government Agency · Are Not Bank Guaranteed · May go Down in Value
GE 60481 (6/11)